Having a logo is one of the most important things you can do for your business. It separates you from the pack, makes you memorable, and shows clients that you’re serious about your business. Logos can range from a symbol to a word mark to a fancy emblem. Notable logos include Chevron, Apple, Facebook, and Harley Davidson.
Whatever design you choose to go with, your business logo is extremely important for the following reasons:
1. To Market Your Business
A logo comes with a business card, and a business card is a great way to market your business. Carry a stack with you at all times to hand out to current clients and people you meet who may be interested in what your company offers. Make your logo as professional-looking as possible. Having a professional logo shows clients that you are serious about your business and you’re driven to making it succeed.
2. To Be More Memorable
More often than not, people remember what they see versus what they hear. Having a logo puts an image in their mind that is oftentimes harder to forget. This keeps you at the front of your customer’s mind – whether they need something from you or know someone to refer to you. When building and growing a business, the more memorable you can make yourself, the more successful you will be.
3. To Provide the Facts
Having a logo provides your customers with facts regarding your business – including precisely what you do (some businesses names are very general), how to reach you, your location, and your hours of operation. If a customer ever needs to reach you, they can simply pull out your logo (or business card) and easily get a hold of you.
4. To Gain Trust
When purchasing a product or service, people tend to go with who they trust. Even if your business is new and still in the beginning stages, having a logo gives customers a sense of stability and helps earn their trust.
Did you know that almost 80% of our buying decisions are based strictly off of emotion?
5. It’s Expected
Finally, the most important reason as to why you need a logo is because customers expect you to have one. Whether you’re an established business or just starting out, customers expect to see some sort of commitment to what you’re doing. To customers, having a logo for your business is like having a refrigerator in your kitchen – it’s expected and necessary to everyday life.
Tips On Making a Good Logo:
- Order Your Logo Design From Us. ArtDriver has years of experience creating brand identity and logo designs for a wide range of companies and NGOs. Click here to get a free quote from us.
- Keep It Simple. You want it to be memorable. The more complicated things get, the easier they are to forget (take a look at the Business.com's blog post describing the unmatched power of a simple logo.
- Use readable font. Avoid using fancy fonts that are hard to read. The easier your logo is to understand, the better chance it has at being remembered.
- Make It Unique. If your logo is simply your company name in a basic black font, it won’t stand out. Try adding an image to make it more unique, like how Target added an actual bullseye to their logo.
- It Should Fully Encompass Your Business. In other words, your logo should explain what your business is about. If you’re a painting company, simply adding a paintbrush allows your customers to see what you do.